The Transfer Center at Memorial Health is available around the clock to receive emergency and critical care patient transfers from referring physicians and hospitals.
To request a transfer, call (877) 871-3737.
A transfer coordinator will collect basic information and facilitate a call between the referring physician and the appropriate physician at Memorial Health.
After contacting the Transfer Center, a customer service representative will initiate the patient transfer process and will need the following information:
- • Caller’s name and phone number
- • Referring hospital name
- • Referring physician’s first and last name
- • Patient’s name, date of birth, diagnosis, type of specialty care or service requested
- • Date and time treatment commenced for all emergency department transfers
Our hospital to hospital transfer policy’s acceptance rate is based on overall capacity, census or cases.
Please provide the following information with the transferred patient:
- • Patient’s record, including appropriate radiology and laboratory results
- • Family contact information
- • Face sheet (summary of the patient’s medical history, functioning, preferences and personal wishes)