To request a transfer, call (877) 871-DRDR (3737).
The Transfer Center at Memorial Health University Medical Center (MHUMC) is available around the clock to receive emergency and critical care patient transfers from referring physicians and hospitals.
A transfer coordinator will collect basic information and facilitate a call between the referring physician and the appropriate physician at MHUMC.
When you call:
After contacting the Transfer Center, a customer service representative will initiate the transfer process and will need the following information:
- Caller’s name and phone number
- Referring hospital name
- Referring physician’s first and last name
- Patient’s name, date of birth, diagnosis, type of specialty care or service requested
- Date and time treatment commenced for all emergency department transfers
A final decision on acceptance is based on overall capacity, census, or cases.
Please provide the following information with the transferred patient:
- Patient’s record, including appropriate radiology and laboratory results
- Family contact information
- Face sheet (summary of the patient’s medical history, functioning, preferences, and personal wishes)