Your physician can contact us for referral information at 912-350-BEAT (2328).
We pioneered open-heart surgery in southeast Georgia and continue to be a regional leader in cardiovascular care.
Heart disease is American’s leading health problem and the leading cause of death for men and women in this country. It’s estimated that heart disease claims a life every 40 seconds. The Memorial Health Heart & Vascular Institute is working to reduce that number through education, advanced technology, and lifestyle-enhancing programs. Here are just a few of the specialized services we provide for our community.
- Two high-tech cardiac catheterization labs.
- Three endovascular suites featuring biplane angiography technology that creates detailed 3D images of blood vessels in the brain.
- An electrophysiology laboffering ablation and ICD/pacemaker insertion and support.
- Cardiothoracic and vascular surgery suites for heart and lung surgery, including minimally invasive and robotic surgery options.
- Valve repair procedures, including non-surgical TAVR and MitraClip options.
- Specialized vascular services, including state-of-the-art aneurysm repair and the EKOS system to treat blood clots in the lungs.
- Cardiovascular intensive care unit and stepdown units for people who've undergone a major cardiovascular event or procedure.
- Comprehensive cardiac rehabilitation program to help people regain their strength and independence after a cardiac event or procedure.
- An accredited heart failure program that includes ongoing support and education.
- An anticoagulation clinic to help people on blood-thinners manage their medication.
- Non-invasive diagnostic tests, including echocardiography, EKG, and Holter monitoring.
- Nuclear medicine that uses small amounts of radioactive materials to diagnose and treat cardiac issues.
- Non-invasive MRI and MRA imaging procedures to evaluate the cardiovascular system.
Most of the programs require a physician’s referral.
- Anticoagulation Clinic
- Cardiopulmonary Rehab
- Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Cardiac Catheterization
- Heart Failure Program
- Heart Clinic
- CT Calcium Scoring Heart
- Early Heart Attack Warning Signs
- Electrophysiology Lab
- Non-Invasive Procedures
- Pulmonary Lab
- Red Armbands
- Respiratory Care
- Specialized Care Units
- Structural Heart Program
- Valve Repair
- Vascular Services
- Women's Heart Health