Memorial Health offers 3D mammography, which allows us to see more detail and detect tumors at an early stage. The 3D technology captures slices that the radiologist can scroll through like pages of a book. The fine details are more visible, and the physician can see that the breast tissue is normal and no additional testing is needed. It also reduces the stress of unnecessary call-backs and further testing.
We encourage annual screening mammograms in average-risk women beginning at age 40 and continuing each year as long as a woman remains in good health.
- Benefits of 3D mammography
- 40% increase in the detection of invasive cancers vs. 2D mammogram
- Less radiation exposure
- Clearer images
- Reduces the risk of false positives and the need for further testing. This, in turn, reduces anxiety, cost, and inconvenience for patients.
3D mammography is recommended for patients who have the following:
- Previous mammograms with inconclusive results
- Dense breast tissue
- Been previously called back for repeat breast scans
- Undergone biopsies for suspicious masses or lesions in the past
- Breast cancer, or have a family history of cancer
We offer 3D mammography to every woman, every time, unless you request otherwise. No doctor's order is necessary for the screening mammogram. Depending on your insurance coverage, additional fees may apply for 3-D mammography.
To schedule your 3D mammogram, call 912-350-PINK (7465) or complete the form below.
The form was successfully sent.
There was an error with the form submission.