Residents of the Savannah area will have two more opportunities this week to get assistance with enrollment in The Health Insurance Marketplace and the Coastal Campaign for Healthy Kids. ACA open enrollment ends January 31, 2017.
The open enrollment events will be held:
- Monday, January 9, 3-7 p.m., Savannah Civic Center (second floor in the O’Connor, Sims, and Traub rooms)
- Tuesday, January 10, 5-8 p.m., Bull Street Library
Certified navigators will be available to assist participants with enrolling in a Marketplace healthcare plan that suits their needs and budget. To enroll in an insurance plan, participants should bring:
- Proof of home and/or mailing address.
- Social Security number (SSN) and birthdate.
- Document information for legal immigrants.
- Employer and income information for every member of their household (i.e., pay stubs, W-2 forms – Wage and Tax Statements).
- Policy/member numbers for any current health coverage in 2016.
All Marketplace insurance plans cover physician visits, hospitalizations, pregnancy care, emergency department visits, and prescriptions. Financial help may be available for those who qualify, based on their income. Coverage is available to all U.S. citizens and documented immigrants. Qualifying health plans cannot deny coverage to any individual with a pre-existing condition.
Certified navigators are also available to assist by appointment or walk-in. To learn more, call Curtis V. Cooper Primary Health Care Center, (912) 527-1000; or J.C. Lewis Primary Health Care Center, (912) 721-6726.